Thursday, August 9, 2018

Dancing the blues away

Did you ever find no sense in whatever you do ?
Did you ever feel empty like vacuum within ? Did you ever felt this is not me and 'I need to find true myself''  ?

If you are , you may connect a bit with me.
2013, is a significant year for me, it has set me to do things which i longed for long.
I took a step not to seek anyone's assent for my small wishes.

I was 38, at the end of 30s and i was like 16 at my heart.

I wanted to do to things, which give me happiness at the cost of no hurt to my dear ones.
I resumed my dancing skills after 24 years. 
This decision went against my ex husband Deva then, who was a wonderful person in great deal of aspects . Yet there was a space between us which was never filled. 

I always feel everyone should be allowed to enjoy the freedom to take their own decisions. No matter it is marriage, relationship, studies or passions. Unfortunately in many Indian families, the decisions of children especially girl children's are decided by elders. No parent thinks against the welfare of the kid, yet the decision cannot be appreciative or the kid is not matured enough to know if that was the right choice for her /his.
The situation is even more pathetic for girl children, the decisions can be parents / brothers and when she marries it would be husband or kids as if she cannot decide her own good.

My relationship with Deva was souring for inexplicable reasons , the string was so thin that I knew it will break any moment , by then i already completed 2 decades of living with him. I was too tired to manage that show anymore and wanted to be myself.


I started engaging myself on weekends in dance sessions.



It was dazzling fun to move my body to the rhythm of music. In Indian Hindu culture Lord Shiva is the origin of dance. He was a passionate dancer and is worshiped as a dancing and non -dancing idol. But when a girl becomes a woman she is not encouraged heartily to continue with her dancing passion.

I knew it was late to resume back into dancing as dancing requires tremendous fitness and demand a great deal of commitment. 

It is not my bread and butter. 
But still my heart wants to go into that, and I do not want to stop this exuberant child.

I wait for my weekends after the whole week work to indulge myself into my passion.

After all I live one life and I do not want to carry my unfulfilled wishes to my grave !!!! 

I started dancing and I am dancing and will continue dancing !!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment